The Ultimate Cupcake Guide
August 16, 2017 • Posted by Jessica Pontoriero
Cupcakes for everyone! Some of the best sweet treats around are cupcakes! Whether they are chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, or any other magical combination, you can’t go wrong with the tasty little dessert! Here is our ultimate guide to mixing up perfect cupcakes:
Cupcake Making Tips
- Make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature! This will ensure that the cupcake batter is smooth. Usually, when the ingredients are cold, such as butter or eggs, the batter can become heavy and become more difficult to combine all ingredients evenly.
- When adding the cupcake batter to baking tins, it is important to make sure that all over the cupcakes are filled to the same level. In doing so, you are ensuring that the cupcakes bake evenly and that some of them don’t burn. A great way to transfer your cupcake batter into the tin is by using an ice cream scoop!
- Did you know that cupcakes continue to bake in the pan even after being removed from the oven? It is important to take the cupcakes out of the tin shortly after they were taken out of the oven so that they will remain soft and moist. Please remember to use oven mittens when handling a hot pan.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, you can mix up your favorite frosting! Once the cupcakes are no longer warm, it’s time to frost! This step is important because if you frost your cupcakes fresh out of the oven, the icing will slide right off the top.
These are our top cupcake recipes that everyone will be sure to enjoy! Now, let’s get mixing!
- Cheesecake Cupcakes: Cheesecake in cupcake form?! Count us in! It is filled with sweet strawberry preserves for an extra bite of goodness!
- Orange Velvet Cupcakes: A fragrant orange cupcake is topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting….Can you say yum!?
- Supreme Brownie Cupcakes: Oh yes, we went there! Brownie lovers, this cupcake has your names written all over it! Soft, gooey, and filled with chocolate chips, you simply can’t go wrong with this cupcake!
- Mocha Tiramisu Cupcakes: Coffee lovers, it’s your turn! If you love the traditional tiramisu cake, then you’ll love these little bites of chocolatey heaven! The mascarpone frosting with espresso syrup really takes this cupcake to the next level.
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes with PB Caramel Frosting: Last, but certainly not least, these cupcakes are filled with intense flavor! Not only is the cupcake packed with peanut butter deliciousness, the frosting also combines peanut butter and caramel for an out of this world finishing touch!